4 Steps to Take to Build a Solid Brand Development Process - Our Guide
The brand of any given company acts as the business’s personality and character. This personality will then need to resonate with the audience to drive sales, gain customers, and achieve overall business success. That is where the brand development process comes into the picture.
Know, however, that there’s a line drawn between branding and brand development. While branding entails the tangible application of every communication method to promote a business, brand development is a concept that involves learning about, developing, and promoting a brand’s unique character.
Whether creating a website, designing a site, or employing digital marketing strategies, brand development should be incorporated into all these. That said, below are four steps to take for a solid brand development process that can take your business up a notch.
1. Understand your business and define your brand
The best way to kick off your brand development process is first to understand your business. From there, define your brand to best represent your business, resonate with the audience, and set your business apart from the competitors in the industry. When defining your brand, consider the following key factors:
- Strengths: These pertain to what your specific products or services are offered, what your achievements in the field are, and how you excel as a business over your competitors.
- Weaknesses: These refer to the areas of opportunities, what you lack as a business, and what consumers demand from you that you can’t keep up with currently.
- Opportunities: These are possibilities where you have a competitive advantage, where you have available resources to tap into and excel, and where you can further grow your business.
- Threats: These are areas of business, competitors, and situations that can cause problems and compromise your business.
2. Know your audience and identify your target market
Once you have a deeper understanding of your business, you will also have a better glimpse of your audience. However, you have to perform due diligence to identify your target market. With the insights gained from your research, you’ll know your buyer’s persona and will be able to reach out to the right demographics.
Also, you will need to sustain the needs of your regular customers so that they will remain loyal supporters of your brand. Below are the three layers of consumers you have to reach out to and deal with:
- General audience: The consumers who have a general understanding of your brand.
- Target market: The consumers who are likely to buy your products or avail of your services.
- Regular customers: The customers who have long made transactions with your business.
3. Create brand recognition and spread awareness
Once you know your business and your audience, then you can proceed to the actual work — creating brand recognition and spreading brand awareness. There are a handful of digital marketing strategies that you can resort to, such as the following:
- Email marketing: Employ the use of emails and send promotional materials and brand information to your target market and regular customers.
- Social media marketing: Take advantage of social media platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, to promote your brand.
- Events marketing: Host your own event or have a booth at someone else’s event to market your business.
- SEO: Optimize your website to earn the top ranking in the results page and drive traffic to your website.
- PPC: Create paid, targeted ads to sell your products or services.
- Content marketing: Produce valuable pieces of content and share them with your audience.
4. Manage your brand progress and business growth
The final step to the brand development process is tracking, where you need to manage your brand progress and continue your business growth. As an example, here are a few aspects that you need to monitor and regulate:
- The number of leads generated
- The volume of your web visitors
- The shares and likes of posts on social media
- The SEO ranking and search traffic of your site
At this point, you now know that brand development is more about maintaining the unique marketing assets and consumer trust of your brand. As outlined above, it involves four major steps that you need to follow. Nevertheless, it is an ongoing process of serving consumers so that they’ll remain loyal to you.
Vaxaweb is a full-service West London Digital Agency, offering a wide range of web design skills, SEO services, and site development. If you need help with your website creation and brand development, get in touch with us today to see how we can help!