The best marketing practitioners understand how SEO has completely transformed from what it once was and is still constantly evolving. Nowadays, a barebones approach in SEO is no longer enough if you want to drive more results. Instead, you need to utilise holistic SEO.
Holistic SEO is no longer about just creating content and backlinks. It is a more focused and results-driven SEO approach that involves creating quality content that meets the user’s needs and addresses their intent. Let’s explore what holistic SEO is and how you can embrace it for your marketing strategies.
What is Holistic SEO?
To put it simply, holistic SEO refers to improving all essential aspects of a website to rank higher in the search engine results. The ultimate goal for a holistic approach is to make a website fulfil its users’ needs on all levels. That goal can only be achieved by focusing on the following aspects of a website:
- Easy navigation features
- Content should contain accessible and relevant information
- Creating quality content and structuring it well
- The product or service should meet the visitor’s needs
The 4 Phases of Holistic SEO
First, you need to understand the concept of the conversion funnel if you are to apply a holistic SEO approach. The conversion funnel follows the four phases in converting a visitor into a loyal customer. These phases are:
- Awareness - this is where a prospect becomes aware of your digital presence and what kinds of products and services you offer.
- Interest - after awareness comes a level of interest where the prospect wants to know more about what you offer. They will then visit your website to gain more information.
- Consideration - with quality content and a convincing enough sales pitch, the user starts to think about purchasing your product.
- Conversion - the user now becomes a customer and decides to make a purchase.
Using SEO, the Holistic Way
Now that you have an idea of how the conversion process works, it’s time to delve into the actual use of the holistic approach. The simplest way to apply it is by asking yourself a couple of questions that will make your content interesting enough to push users through the phases of conversion. The questions you should be asking yourself are:
- What is the purpose of your website?
- What are your goals for your website and visitors?
- How do you want to attract traffic?
- What type of clientele do you want to attract and target?
- How can you make your customer service better than what you’ve experienced before?
The answer to these questions is the key to unlocking, understanding, and applying the holistic approach to SEO services. For instance, having a clear purpose stated on your website will help users to quickly identify who you are and why your business exists in the first place.
While traditional SEO strategies tend to focus more on the technical aspects of SEO, the holistic primary focus is on the needs of the users doing the searching. By making this your priority, you ensure a better experience for any users, making it easier to convert them into loyal and paying customers.
Whenever you need results-driven SEO and web design services, turn to Vaxa Web for help. We are a full-service agency in London, providing user-centred design solutions using a full circle development approach. Get in touch with us today for more information.